I have made this Pattern & Tutorial for my 12″ (30cm) and 16″ (40cm) dolls.
This easy fleece hat tutorial will show you How to make cute Bunny Ear Hats for your dolls. FREE Pattern and easy to follow directions.
12″ (30cm) doll head circumference approx.: 9.5″ (24cm)
16″ (40cm) doll head circumference approx.: 12″ (30,5cm)
You will need:
12″ (30cm) Doll Bunny Ear Hat:
* 16″ x 5″ (40,5cm x 12,5cm) – width x length – main fabric for the hat and outer ears. (I used polar fleece fabric, but the pattern will work well with other stretchy fabric.)
* 5″ x 3.5″ (12,5cm x 9cm) – width x length – contrasting fabric for the inner ears.
16″ (40cm) Doll Bunny Ear Hat:
* 20″ x 6″ (51cm x 15cm) – width x length – main fabric for the hat and outer ears.
* 7″ x 4.5″ (17,5cm x 11cm) – width x length – contrasting fabric for the inner ears.
* Sewing machine
* Basic sewing supplies (thread, pins, scissors, fabric marking pencil, etc.)
* Please read all instructions before beginning.
* Prewash your cotton fabric and iron it afterwards.
* Remember to back-stitch at the beginning and end of each sewing step to secure your stitches.
* Trim all loose threads after each sewing step.
Ribizli Design Patterns are for personal use only.
It is unacceptable to mass-produce with these patterns or to reproduce the patterns.
You can download the Bunny Ear Hat Pattern HERE:
You can find my 12″ and 16″ Doll Sewing Pattern & Instructions HERE:
Print and cut out the PATTERN pieces.
cut from the main fabric
Fold the main fabric in half lengthways – with right sides together.
Place the HAT and the EAR PATTERN on the wrong side of the fabric – taking care to the grainline.
Pin and cut out them.
cut from the contrasting fabric
Fold the contrasting fabric in half lengthways – with right sides together.
Place the EAR PATTERN on the wrong side of the fabric – taking care to the grainline.
Pin and cut out them.
Pin one main fabric and one contrasting fabric EAR pieces with right sides together.
Sew around the curved edges leaving the ends open for turning.
Turn the EAR pieces right sides out and press flat.
Pin them in place.
Turn the EAR pieces facing down and place the ends on top of the HAT within the marked line.
Pin and sew the EAR pieces in place.
Pin and sew the HAT closed at the top.
Fold the opening edge of the HAT up to the wrong side, pin and sew it all the way around.
Your Bunny Ear Hat is finished!